September 19, 2009

Because I don't want to forget...

Today is E's birthday! He is three!

For the past few weeks we've been asking him how old he is and he shows up 2 fingers. Then we say, "But how old will you be on your birthday?" And he shows us 3 fingers. So I thought he understood.

This morning I went to give him a big hug and kiss and sing happy birthday to him fresh out of bed! I asked him how old he was and he promply showed me 2 fingers. "No, I said, you are 3 now, today is your birthday!" His eyes got BIG and his smile got bigger. He said "You mean I'm this (showing me three fingers) many now?"

Yup buddy, you are that many now! And I can't believe it, nor do I like it. But I can't stop it. So we'll just not dwell on the fact that soon he will be 13.

Off to get a coffee and then a football game. Nothing says fall more than Pumpkin Spice and Rocket football! OK, maybe apple picking does, but were not doing that yet!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to our favorite baby E! Yep- he'll always be my baby E even when he IS 13!!!!! Love you buddy!