April 20, 2010

Overwhelmed

~At the risk of sounding like a broken record~
I find myself several times a day looking at the Ekklesion site.  Just looking at it.  Just the fact that it filled up so fast overwhelms me in the BEST way!  You are all COMPLETLY amazing.  I don't think I've realized how very blessed I am until this all happened.  It's sad to me that it takes a situation as terrible as this to realize it.  Not because of lack of care and support but because of my blindness to seeing it.   So, once again, because I don't know what else to say, THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

I just read that a family at our church has a small child with a brain tumor, please keep them in your prayers as well!  I would rather go through this 1000 times over than have a/my child experience even a small piece of it. 

Today I had pre-testing at Holland Hospital, as many of you know I had always planned on having a mastectomy to prevent cancer, but hadn't gotten around to it.  As I was sitting in the room I realized that I don't know if I would have ever gotten around to it.  It's a major surgery, I'm scared of how I will look afterwards, now I'm just being forced to do it (and I'm still scared, imagine that).   The nurse I spoke with said that they have me scheduled for a 6 hour surgery, much longer than I had anticipated, but I guess I won't know when I'm done if 5 minutes passed or 5 hours!  Poor Matt though, 6 hours in a waiting room is a LOT, I told him to feel free to leave though, I'll never know and why would he sit there that long!

And... just because I feel like this blog needs a little more joy!

Bestest friends... worm hunting!

And this little beauty will be one tomorrow!  ONE YEAR OLD!  Wow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun with Landon tonight...he kept everyone singing and laughing! Happy Birthday to beautiful Lila tomorrow.

Praying like crazy over here!
Laurie, Ted, Toby & Quinn :)

Amanda said...

What a blessing Lynette - by time I had checked the Ekklesion site it was full! I hope to drop off some Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls at some point though if that is okay - a yummy breakfast for you guys! I don't know if you'd want one of my dinners anyway - totally not spectacular! ;) Thinking about you guys a ton and praying!