April 28, 2010

Provision, Hugs and Hope

I have been wanting to update but there really isn't anything to update on.  I haven't had any doctor appointments this week yet, surgery is still on for Friday, the kids are taken care of, dinner is taken care of, needs I didn't even know I had, are taken care of. 

I have been waking up at four for quite a while now.  It's almost like it's routine now.  Yesterday I didn't though and I struggled all day to get a few minutes to do my devotional (I finally got 10 minutes while the kids were both napping).  I've never been a morning devotional type of person, typically if I do my BSF it's in the afternoon or evening, but it's been a long time since I've needed God like I need God now.  We always need God, but I depend on his strength more now than ever, which is one thing I've determined he is teaching me through all of this, to depend on him.  Anyway, back to the waking up part of the story.  Sure enough, 4:13 this morning I rolled over and was WIDE AWAKE!  So, rather than fight God on this one, I got up. 

Matthew 6:8 says Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
So true.  Things I hadn't even though of are being taken care of by others.  He has sent me some amazing people to take care of some tasks that aren't going to be so easy or joyous (or even never were joyous)! 
Thank you God for your provision each and every day.

Confession time: Typically I am not a hugger.  I kind of like my personal space and in the past it's always felt very awkward to me to hug someone other than my husband or kids.  But God knew that I would need hugs, he has sent me hundreds of hugs over the past few weeks and while it took some getting used to I've actually come to welcome them.  God knew that I would need those and just forced me to get over it!

Psalm 31:24 says Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.
Jesus Christ is at the right hand of God making intercession for us, and the Holy Spirit "intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express" (Rom 8:26).  *With their intercession, hope and determination can fill us to overflowing. 
Thank you God for interceding for me and filling me with your hope and determination.  Please continue to give me this same hope and determination throughout this journey.

I will update again when I have more details on surgery times etc, but know that that may not be until later on Thursday.  I have another pre-op appointment at with the plastic surgeon on Thursday late morning and will know a little more then I'm guessing.  Sarah will also be posting for me after surgery on Friday.  Your faithful prayers and our faithful God have been amazing!  Thank you.

* From "Hope for the Journey through Cancer by Yvonne Ortega

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well...I am a hugger and can't wait until I see you at the boys' ball game SOON!! I will carry your surgery schedule with me Friday. My friend going through chemo has everyone pray for her at the minute of the hour that corresponds to their age, so I pray for her every time it's 43 minutes past the hour. That way she gets covered in prayer around the clock. I'll do the same for you.

Lynette, carry 1 Chronicles 28:20 with you tomorrow!

The Custers :)