November 25, 2009

Wow...

(This first paragraph is completely copy and pasted from my photography blog)
Do you ever have one of those "Oh my goodness, I..." moments. Relatively ordinary moments that make you go "WOW!". I just had one, your going to laugh too... "Oh my goodness, I have a baby". Yup, she's 7 months old. No, this isn't the first time I've had this moment with her, in fact I have these quite often. "Holy cow, I have 4 kids". Or, even stranger is this one, "Oh my, I'm a grown up". Does anyone else have a hard time wrapping thier brain around that one? I know my age, but I don't feel it (although I don't know how I'm supposed to feel). Anyway, just had to share that random thought for the day!

Have a super Thanksgiving!

Be Thankful (Author Unknown)
Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
because it means you've made a difference.



Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 107:1


Thankful for Each Other
Dear Lord,
As we gather together around this table
laden with your plentiful gifts to us,
we thank You for always providing
what we really need
and for sometimes granting wishes
for things we don’t really need.
Today, let us be especially thankful
for each other--for family and friends
who enrich our lives in wonderful ways,
even when they present us with challenges.
Let us join together now
in peaceful, loving fellowship
to celebrate Your love for us
and our love for each other. Amen.
By Joanna Fuchs


For All that You Give Us Dear Lord,
On this Thanksgiving Day,
we are thankful
for all that You give us,
for all that You do for us,
for all that You teach us.
Thank You for guiding us
to live our lives
in Your will,
in Your purpose,
in Your plan for us.
Thank You for Your protection
from worldly influence and danger.
Thank You for bringing us gently
to a deeper knowledge of You
and what You want from us,
with Your love, mercy,
compassion and grace.
And thank you, Lord,
for the blessings
we are experiencing right now
at this very moment--
the food,
and the precious people
who are with us
to enjoy this meal
and this day.
Thank You, Lord. Amen.
By Joanna Fuchs

No comments: