November 12, 2009

It could have been worse...

It's been a bad week. If you follow me on facebook you already know that my purse was stolen out of my Jeep (which was in the garage) on Monday night/Tuesday morning. That was just wonderful, but I'll admit it could have been MUCH worse. I NEVER carry cash. Really. Except of course for the time my purse is stolen. There was almost $50 in there. Gone. But, I still have all my credit/debit cards (still cancelled, just to be safe, but one was immediately replaced), I have my gift cards, I had a receipt for a jacket that i just purchased that went on sale after I bought it so I was able to get a price adjustment, the thief didn't get into the house... really we were lucky. God was definately looking out for us.

Today was another one. Another bad day. Got up this morning got ready for work, gave the kids baths, laid Lila down for her nap, life was good. Babysitter comes at 9, but shortly after realizes that she doesn't feel good (totally not her fault, I fully understand), but that meant I had to figure something out for the kids. Thankfully Mary was able to take them. But that also meant that I had to HURRY! Get the kids loaded in the car, packed a diaper bag and I was off with not one minute to spare. Ha! Joke was on me as I was speeding down the road. Sure enough, I got pulled over. I was technically going 16 over, which could have been a very hefty fine and I think 3 or 4 points on my license. But being the "nice guy" that he was he only gave me 5 over. ("only" $90 and 2 points) he claims that's the LEAST he could do, but I know full well that with my clean license and a little sympathy he COULD have let me go with a warning. Good grief. But again, it could have been much much worse.

So, that's $140 gone in 2 days with NOTHING to show for it, plus I'm sure my insurance will go up now. Wonder what tomorow will bring? Maybe I should just stay in bed!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I hope the weekend is REALLY good for you Lynette! I can relate to so much of that - the getting pulled over, getting in a fender bender...sounds all too much like me last two weeks. I will say a little prayer that things go more smoothly for you here in the next week!

Sarah said...

OH NO!!!!! UGH!!!! Who was it? I thought you were only working on Tuesdays and weekends?????

Nora said...

I hope that your bad luck is over! Sorry to hear about what happened but you are right, it could have been worse. Such a positive thinker!