- [When reading the bible] we are tempted to pull out the things we want to believe and ignore the things we don't.
- The Bible is not a human book. It is beautifully written, but it is not literature, or a collection of stories and fables. It is the inspired Word of God.
- [The Bible] is my safeguard against false teaching and my guiding light for how to live. It reveals the true charecter of God and the full life I can have in His presence.
- Just because we can't or won't follow the Bible's teaching perfectly, or we are perplexed by some of it, doesn't mean that it isn't truth. It simply means we can't or won't follow God's word to a tee. And this is no suprise to God. We all fall short of His glorious standard.
- Every word [in the bible] is truth. Every word is God breathed.
I remember in high school a friend was justifying some things she was/we were doing because of different ways of living in the bible times/different cultures etc, but ultimately she was trying to make herself (us all) feel better about our blatent sins. It was wrong. God said it was wrong. There is no changing Gods word. It was true then. It is true now. Nothing has changed. Lucky for us, God knew we couldn't live to His standard and sent us his Son so that our sins would be forgotten.