May 3, 2009

A VERY special picture...



Any ideas why this picture would be so special to me in this moment? Not just because it's my beautiful baby. More so because her eyes are closed (she's sleeping) and my arms are not wrapped around her! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to hold her tight and cuddle her, but 24 hours a day is getting old already. (And I do mean 24 full hours). So, after feeding her this afternoon I laid her down on the couch and voila... she's still sleeping there! I have had to cough for the last half hour but am supressing the urge so I don't startle her and wake her up.

I have to say that one of my favorite moments with her (which happens many times in a day) is when she is getting fussy (b/c I do try to lay her on the floor awake) and I pick her up and hold her tight and her breathing goes from heavy and quick to a sigh of relief followed by soft even breath's. It's like she's saying "I love you mommy" in her own little way!

Yesterday I told Matt he should go fishing this afternoon, thinking I could handle it without him, I do it every day, and we are handling things just fine, it's just going to be a long night. Elliot is currently napping, but as soon as he wakes up we are going to head to get some ice cream at Captain Sundae (probably will call it supper too, call me a bad mom if you want to, I don't really care), and then we will probably spend hours outside playing basketball, blowing bubbles, playing baseball and jumping on the trampoline (while I sit in a chair snuggling Lila watching all the activities).

Lila's starting to squirm... I'm sure she'll be in my arms again shortly... goodbye for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
and if you're a bad mom for Captain Sundae dinners, then I'm right there with ya! :)

Amanda said...

Such a precious thing! Hope your night went well! And don't feel bad at all for doing the Capt. Sundae thing for dinner - it's the way to go!!!